LARC389: Internship in Landscape Architecture
LARC 389 is offered in the Fall semester and taught by Dr. Mark Carroll.
Students: Make sure to get approval of your internship through your faculty advisor, and/or Dr. Mark Carroll. We want to make sure you get the best experience out of your internship.Your supervisor has to fill out a form that can be found here.
Learn more about the course below!
- To become informed about internship learning experiences.
- To learn about career opportunities.
- To become familiar with the university career counseling services.
- Completion of a ten-twelve week internship, which meets PSLA criteria.
- Submittal of the internship supervisor's evaluation.
- Submittal of an internship journal documenting the internship responsibilities, learning experiences and mentorship. An evaluation of the overall internship experience should also be included.
- Class presentation, twenty minute duration.
- Submittal of weekly internship presentation summaries.
- Students will develop technical and knowledge-based skills in the required areas of study.
- Students will use technical and basic learned knowledge to collaborate, solve problems and then articulate conclusions.
- Students shall develop effective communication skills and demonstrate the ability to present ideas with clarity to an appropriate audience.
- Students will connect and build relationships with external groups in the appropriate fields of study.
For more information, please contact Dr. Mark Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.